Tuesday, April 24, 2012

This post brought to you by...

my new iPad!


Those that know me, work with me, and such can't believe that I have the phone that I do or use the laptop that I do. I am a techie in my classroom. I LOVE and can't live without my interactive board or document camera. I'm always looking for the newest tech thing, website, and such for  my classroom. BUT when it comes to personal technology I was always fine with what I have/had.

My husband couldn't stand it any longer! I really do think that it bothered him more than it did me. He's okay with the simple, sort of out dated phone (it saves us money, and I really don't need the fancy stuff...really). But he just couldn't understand how I didn't really, really want an iPad. With all that I do from home on the laptop (blog, business, etc.) he just didn't get why I wouldn't want the iPad...to be more mobile, to have it all at my fingertips....and so on!

So needless to say, this past weekend he came home with one for me! Now I am trying to figure it all out.

Therefore, do any of you all have app suggestions? iPad suggestions?

8 comments:

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

Love my iPad! I like Instagram for pics ...and Pocketbooth. Of course, Angry Birds is a winner, too. Hope you didn't mean educational!! lol
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

Tania Knapp said...

I received an ipad for Christmas. I will be watching this post for recommendations :)
My Second Sense

luckeyfrog said...

Appitic (website) is amazing for educational app suggestions. I also really liked MiniWord, RocketMathFree, Build a Word, Encyclopedia Brittanica US Presidents, Hungry Fish, and Zoom. Reading A-Z also has some books for free on there by level, like "Make Lemonade"!

If it's more for you than for the classroom, though, be sure to get DropBox (for easy file saving from iPad to work and/or home computer), iBooks (for anything reading!), Rover (for running Flash sites), Pandora (for listening to music anywhere!), Pinboard (for pinning to Pinterest!), ShapeShift (just a ridiculously addicting game), and CommonCore to have the standards at your fingertips if you're switching to them!

I'm jealous- the school let me borrow an iPad for a few weeks, but I had to give it back :) Have fun- it's addicting! SO much easier for most blog browsing (although copy/paste in comments occasionally gave me a little trouble).

Jenny
Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

jbales said...

This si so helpful for me too. Our first grade classroom have been promised 30 ipads. to share. We can hardly wait to start using them. Thanks for helping with the app. info.
heyjbales@sbcglobal.net

Our team has googled best apps for primary grades and gotten suggestions that way too.

rhoda.mohr said...

Don't forget to load Genius Scan. It's a useful tool if you need to scan something and upload it.The app is super easy to use and allows you both to 'enhance' the scan and also select the format for saving the file. Additonally, it's FREE - my kind of APP!!!

JennyB said...

I wrote a grant hoping to buy an ipad for my classroom so I hope that I will be needing these app suggestions, too.
JennyB
funtasticfuninfirstgrade.blogspot.com

Carole said...

Since you love your iPad you might have a giggle over this Cartoon

Stacy said...

I have two in my classroom so here are some kid approved apps!
Stack the States
Bluster!
Rocket Math
Math Ninja
Building the Titanic
Storia
Show Me
Educreations
PBS Kids
Brainpop